How the yield of the solar power plant is defined?
- The “specific yield” (kWh/kWp) is the total annual energy generated per kWp installed.
- It is often used to help determine the financial value of an array and compare operating results from different technologies and systems.
The specific yield of a plant depends on:
- The total annual irradiation falling on the collector plane.
- The performance of the module, including sensitivity to high temperatures and low light levels.
- System losses including inverter downtime.