What considerations should an investor take before participating in the solar bidding process?
- Selection of various equipments (modules, inverters, BoP) to optimize generation from the plant.
- Identification of the different equipment suppliers and taking quotes on behalf of the client.
- Assessment of different EPC contracting provisions (Single EPC/multiple EPC Contracts)
- Preliminary yield assessment on the proposed site/location of the plant based on the system sizing and shortlisted modules and inverters.
- Estimation of total project cost and justification of the same to the client based on available quotes/discussions with different equipment suppliers.
- Assessment of other financial parameters such as O&M Costs, Interest during construction, Interest rates, Capacity Utilisation factor, module degradation factors, etc.
- Assessment of the bid price based on the above parameters and expected returns proposed by the client.
- Completeness of other bid documents such as RFS, bid bonds application form, etc