First Green Consulting announces workshop on “Solar Power Projects Development” to be held on 2-3rd Feb at Hyderabad, India. This workshop will provide insights into bidding, feasibility assessment, evaluating regulatory options, site selection, technology selection and financing of solar power projects. The workshop will be conducted by some of the most experienced industry professionals.
The specific objectives of the workshop are to understand;
- What is the outlook for solar power development given the current policies and regulations at the centre and the states?
- What is the trajectory of solar power capacity additions and its impact on the Indian solar market?
- What are the different financial models and benchmarks to assess the project viability?
- How to select an appropriate SPV technology which meets the local site requirements and realise the maximum yield and returns for a developer?
- What are the different steps followed during planning as well as implementation for solar power plants?
- What are the statutory clearances and approvals required for solar projects and the related agencies with which the solar developer needs to interact?
- What are the key risks and challenges during implementation of a solar PV plant?
- What are the different financing options for solar projects in India?
- What are the criteria on which lenders assess the project?
The agenda of the workshop is as follows.
Session 1 10:00 a.m.-1 p.m
Understanding Solar sector in India and its policy dynamics
- Introduction to the workshop
- Understanding the solar sector in India
- Analyzing policy frameworks in India, the National Solar Mission, and various state policies, REC mechanism, Feed-in-tariff
- Grid-connectivity, power evacuation, open access, group captive, third party sale options, wheeling and banking, transmission, cross-subsidy issues
- Leading states in solar power development. What are they doing differently?
- Comparison with International policies
- Way forward for the central and state policies
Session 2 2 p.m.-5 p.m.
Technology selection and system sizing
- Site selection and solar resource assessment for solar PV project
- Selection of suitable technology (Thin Film VS C-Si, Fixed VS Tracking systems, String inverters VS Central inverters)
- Module and plant sizing of project through PVSyst software
- Case studies
Session 3 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Planning and Implementation
- Planning for execution of project activities
- Yield prediction and uncertainties in the prediction of energy
- Techno-economic assessment of a solar PV plant
- Designing of grid connected utility scale PV projects as well as roof top systems
- Required permits, statutory and non-statutory approvals
- Identification of EPC contractor and suppliers
- Construction, commissioning and O&M activities
Session 4 2 p.m.-5 p.m.
Financing of Solar Projects
- Different business models for grid connected and off grid systems
- Financing options from Indian and foreign banks
- Risk and profitability assessment
- Understanding the financial models for solar projects
- Evaluating the reverse bidding for solar power projects
- Case studies on solar PV plants in operation and their experiences
- Q&A session and Discussion
Some of the key speakers at the conference include:-
Sanjay Vashishtha, CEO, Firstgreen Consulting Pvt. Ltd
Santosh Kamath, Director, KPMG
Vishnu Vardhan Reddy, CEO Cirus Solar Systems Pvt Ltd
Ananth Nakirikanti, CEO Arhyama Solar Pvt Limited
B.Mallikarjuna, Head-Solar Business, Bonfiglioli Transmissions (P) Ltd
Venkat Konakandla, Sr. Manager, Solar Semi Conductor Pvt Ltd
Navratan Katariya, Head- Solar, Sterling & Wilson Ltd.
Click on the link for workshop brochure Solar Power Projects Development_v2
Interested persons can contact Asim Sharma, Consultant, FGC and send a mail at email@example.com