New scheme by SECI with 30% capital subsidy
Recently solar energy corporation of india (SECI) has announced,the second round of biddings for large scale grid connected roof top pv ranging from 100 kwp to 500 kw. and the total allocation to be 11.1 MW.This will be spread across in the following stated cities:
|Raipur/Naya Raipur||2 MW|
|Noida/Greater Noida||1.5 MW|
|Total Allocation||11.1 MW|
Highlights of the scheme:
- The developer can apply for multiple projects of 250 Wp and a maximum of 2 MWp
- Instead of feed in tariff (FIT) being offered, SECI will provide a capital subsidy.
- Unlike the MNRE scheme, in this scheme the bidder quotes a consolidated cost in INR/WP. Based on this SECI will provide a capital subsidy of 30%. Furthermore the disbursement of the subsidy is linked to the performance ratio.
- The generated power is expected to be consumed by the rooftop owner first, after which any excess power can be exported to the grid.
- The sale of power and the negotiation of the tariff is the developer’s responsibility, unlike in MNRE where the bidders are responsible.