Summary of 215 MW solar PV RFP by UPNEDA
UPNEDA has released RFP for the procurement of power from 215 MW solar PV plant through Tariff based competitive bidding process. Key points of the RFP are as follows:
- Selection of developers through competitive bidding. Minimum allotment of capacity is 5 MW and maximum 100 MW. The plant capacity shall remain in the multiple of 5 MW. Power shall be directly sold to UPPCL and a single price tariff.
- Initial PPA for 12 years. 180 days prior to the expiry of 12 years term of PPA; UPPCL will extend this agreement with SPP for a further period of 13 years at the price of eleventh year Average Pooled Purchase Cost (APPC) on willingness of Project Developer.
- Solar PV plant should have a minimum CUF of 15% in any given contract year. In case the developers fail to supply energy pertaining to minimum CUF in a contract year then the developer shall pay a penalty equal to 10% of the project tariff to the Procurer, for such shortfall in units.
- The responsibility of getting connectivity with the transmission system owned by the Discom/STU will lie with the Project Developer. The cost of the transmission line up to the “feed in substation” viz the point of interconnection where the metering is done shall be borne by the Solar Project Developer.
- Net worth should be equal to or greater than the value calculated at the rate of 2.50 Crore per MW. The computation of Net worth shall be based on unconsolidated audited annual accounts of the Company. The Bidder would thus be required to submit annual audited accounts for the last three financial years
- The bidder should have acquired sufficient experience and capacity in building infrastructure projects. The bidder should demonstrate experience in infrastructure projects with the tune of Rs. 1.5 Crore/MW of the capacity quoted.
- For the project development land will be required @ 1.5 Hectares/MW is under clear possession of the project developer. Change in the location of land from one place to other location is not permitted after 150 days from the signing of PPA or at financial closure, whichever is earlier.
- Bidding consortium is allowed
- Bid bond amount is calculated as per Rs. 20 Lac/ MW and contract performance guarantee @ Rs. 30 lacs/ MW.
- RFP cost is Rs. 11,025 inclusive of 5% VAT to be paid in the form of Demand Draft / Banker’s cheque and processing fee for the bid is Rs. 1 lac to be paid in the form of Demand Draft / Pay Order in favour of DIRECTOR, UPNEDA payable at LUCKNOW.
- Pre-bid meeting on 21st February 2015. Bid submission and opening of non-Financial bid is on 7th April 2015 and financial bid opening is on 22nd April 2015. Approval of bids and issuance of LOI on 8th June 2015.
Following are the attached RFP and PPA document