Amendments in the Tariff Policy to ensure 24X7 affordable Power for All
“Policy Highlights of Amendments are as follows:
- Power to be provided to remote unconnected villages through micro grids with provision for purchase of power into the grid as and when the grid reaches there.
- Faster installation of Smart meters to enable “Time of Day” metering, reduce theft and allow net-metering.
- Renewable Power Obligation (RPO): In order to promote renewable energy and energy security, 8% of electricity consumption, excluding hydro power, shall be from solar energy by March 2022
- Affordable renewable power through bundling of renewable power with power from plants who’s PPAs have expired or completed their useful life.
5. No inter-State transmission charges and losses to be levied for solar and wind power.