Amendments in the Tariff Policy to ensure 24X7 affordable Power for All
Policy Highlights of Amendments are as follows:
1. Power to be provided to remote unconnected villages through micro grids with provision for purchase of power into the grid as and when the grid reaches there.
2. Faster installation of Smart meters to enable “Time of Day” metering, reduce theft and allow net-metering.
3. Renewable Power Obligation (RPO): In order to promote renewable energy and energy security, 8% of electricity consumption, excluding hydro power, shall be from solar energy by March 2022
4. Affordable renewable power through bundling of renewable power with power from plants whose PPAs have expired or completed their useful life.
5. No inter-State transmission charges and losses to be levied for solar and wind power.