Recommendations for the equipment selection:
- PV modules should be listed to IEC certified and warranted for a minimum of 10 years (20-25 year warranties are available)
- Inverters should be IEC/UL certified and warranted for a minimum of 5 years.
- All exposed cables or conduits should be sunlight resistant.
- All required overcurrent protection should be included in the system and should be accessible for maintenance
- All electrical terminations should be fully tightened, secured, and strain relieved as appropriate.
- All mounting equipment should be installed according to manufacturers’ specifications
- All roof penetrations should be sealed with an acceptable sealing method that does not adversely impact the roof warranty
- Integral roofing products should be properly rated (e.g., class A roofing materials)
- All cables, conduit, exposed conductors and electrical boxes should be secured and supported according to
- PV Array should be free of shade between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. This requirement includes even small obstructions such as vent pipes and
chimneys. A small amount of shade can have a disproportionately high impact on system performance
Further reading:PV Installation guide-www.energy.ca.gov