The Rooftop PV and Small Solar Power Projects deploying PV modules and Inverter systems should comply with the IEC/ BIS standards and the standards specified by CERC to be considered technically qualified.
The equipment quality to be used should meet the guidelines for engineering design included in the standards and codes listed in the relevant ISI and other standards, such as:
- IEEE 928: Recommended Criteria for Terrestrial PV power systems.
- IEEE 929 Recommended practice for utility interface of residential and intermediate PV systems.
iii. IEEE 519 Guide for harmonic control and reactive compensation of Static Power Controllers.
- National Electrical NFPA 70-1990 (USA) or equipment national standard.
- National Electrical Safety Code ANSI C2 (USA) or equipment national standard.
- IEC : 61215 (2005)- Crystalline silicon terrestrial photovoltaic (PV) modules – Design qualification and type approval
vii. IEC: 61730 -1, -2 Photovoltaic (PV) module safety qualification Part 2: Requirements for testing
viii. IEC: 60904-1(2006) Photovoltaic Devices- Part-I: Measurement of Photovoltaic current-Voltage Characteristic
- IS 9000 Basic environmental testing procedure for Electronic and electrical items.