USGBC-LEED: NC Certification of Barcelona Civic Center
Government of Spain is developing the public assembly & recreation centre-Barcelona Civic Centre (BCC) at Sant Andreu district. Barcelona Civic Centre is 17753 sq. ft. building which includes multiple class rooms, recreation room & auditorium spaces. New energy efficient techniques are used in the building design like- Solar Tubes along with Sky Lights, Insulated Construction, High Efficient Lights, Vertical Landscaping, and CO2 Sensors. This futuristic approach makes this building environment friendly.
First Green Consulting provides energy simulation and related credit documentation services to the developer team for the LEED: NC certification under US Green Building Council. The sustainable approach improves the workability of all the workers and helps in making the structure more prominent.
- 42% of energy saving is shown through energy simulation
- Daylight & CO2 sensors were applied in the model
- The effect of Vertical Landscaping were evaluated
- 32% HVAC load were reduced by applying the VRV system
- 8% of lighting load were reduced by using the skylights & solar tubes
Sustainable Strategies –
- Energy Model is compliance with ASHRAE 90.1
- Variable Refrigerant Volume (VRV) type HVAC system were designed in the simulation software to achieve the energy saving
- Solar Tubes were installed to reduce the lighting load
- Skylight were designed in such a way that the minimum synthetic lighting is required for the corridor