Mobile App for Solar Rooftop—‘ARUN’ Launched
Mobile App for Solar Rooftop Systems: ‘ARUN—Atal Rooftop Solar User Navigator’ was launched by Shri Rajeev Kapoor, Secretary, MNRE, on the occasion of the National Review Meeting of RE Sector with the State Governments on January 24, 2017 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi. The function was attended by all State Power Principal Secretaries/ Secretaries, Heads of all State Nodal Agencies, PSUs, Channel Partners, MNRE officials, etc.
The Government of India has fixed an ambitious target of 40,000MW from rooftop solar by 2022. In order to achieve this target MNRE has undertaken activities, such as promotion of solar power, training, empanelment of agencies, sanction of projects, monitoring of the project, subsidy disbursement, etc. To manage and monitor the installation of solar rooftop system an online portal called SPIN has been designed and developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC), MNRE. This portal can be accessed by: www.solarrooftop.gov.in. Around 1,200 agencies were empanelled online by MNRE using this portal. The data related to the installations have already started to enter in SPIN. Based on the coordinates of installation, geo-tagging has also been done with the help of ISRO. As of now, around 1,500 plus users are using this portal.
,500 plus users are using this portal. In today’s fast paced world, phones are not just used for calling, or sending text messages, etc., but with smartphones we can schedule our complete day, check emails, make conference calls, connect using social network, and perform a host of other activities. Hence, the proposal of a mobile app for promoting and installation of solar rooftop power system came to NIC. NIC has designed and developed a simple but informative and useful application for the layman as well as the developers of solar power. Initially android version of the app has been developed. The app has been named ‘ARUN—Atal Rooftop solar User Navigator’ and it has the following features:
- Basics: Basic knowledge about the installation of solar rooftop in your house/ premise.
- Guidelines: Brief guide for how to install the solar rooftop system.
- Rooftop Solar Calculator: It will give an estimate of installation based on different parameters, such as capacity or budget.
- How to install: Here you are submitting the interest request to MNRE and the MNRE-approved agencies will contact you for further help.
- Schemes and Policies: Here you can view the policies and schemes of the state of your choice.
- List of SNAs and Agencies: You can view the MNRE-approved agencies of the state of your choice.
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions clear almost all doubts about solar rooftop installation.
- Feedback: You can send your request/feedback to MNRE.
ARUN was designed and developed by National Informatics Centre, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy by Shri Saji K Abraham, TD NIC under the leadership of Shri Deep Bansal, TD & HOD Renewable Energy Informatics Division guided by Shri G K Gaur, DDG and HOG, NIC.
The app is deployed in Google Play stores and can be downloaded free of cost from the following link: https://play.google.com/store/ apps/details?id=nicmnre. nicspvapplication&hl=en
It is a simple mobile app which is very easy to handle and understand. It is very useful for understanding the basics about solar rooftop and the methods of installation. The app provides a clear picture regarding the different schemes and policies, and is frequently updated.