5000 MW VGF SCHEME BATCH IV PHASE II
- Scheme for Setting up of over 5000 MW Grid Connected Solar PV Projects with VGF under NSM Phase– II, batch-IV
- The Scheme was launched in 2015-16, to be implemented in 4 years (at least 1250 MW in each year).
- Initial provision was that power will be purchased by SECI @ Rs.4.43/kWh and sold @ Rs.4.50/ kWh. Now onwards the bidding under the scheme will be carried out at discounted tariff below from bench mark tariff Rs.4.43/kWh with zero VGF option.
- Project Size is Minimum 10 MW upto 50 MW (in multiples of 10 MW).
- VGF support of Rs.1.25 crore per MW (DCR) & Rs.1.00 crore per MW (Open)
- Projects could be set up either in the Solar Parks or out-side locations. The tenders will be state- specific based on the demand from particular state. Inter-state solar power transmission is permissible under the scheme.
- Total capacity awarded 3420 MW (as on 31.12.2019).
- Total 2470 MW Capacity has been commissioned in the State of Gujarat, Odisha, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, U.P, Andhra Pradesh (Kadapa Solar Park), and Karnataka (Pavagada Solar Park) (as on 31.12.2019).
- Total VGF Disbursement by SECI to SPDs, for the period from 01.01.2019 to 31.12.2019 is Rs. 155.48 Cr.