Benefits of Green Buildings
Improving the energy efficiency of buildings can help to improve the challenges (health hazards, cost of living, pollution and climate change) that a city/society face.
Green buildings/Sustainable buildings play a vital role to make a city sustainable.
There are Numerous Benefits that a sustainable building delivers to its society
- Energy produced by the burning of fossil fuels leads to a large amount of carbon emissions which results increment in global warming. A building during its construction and operational time use energy on a large scale. A sustainable building being a energy efficient building contributes toward a good environmental health and human wellness by decreasing its energy needs.
- Efficient use of water and its conservation benefits to maintain the ground water level and its quality.
- Waste management techniques adopted in green buildings helps to reduce and reuse of the waste.
- Green building materials used in green building construction have their minimal environmental effects.
Economic Benefits –
- Green buildings reduce costs by their low maintenance requirements than typical commercial buildings
- Green building retrofits typically decrease operation costs by almost 10 percent in a single year.
- Green buildings are the first choice of the tenants.
- Green buildings provide many job opportunities from labours to expertise during their lifetime tenure.
- A certified green building has more value than that of any commercial building.
Health benefits –
- Green buildings create indoor spaces that promote health and comfort to the occupants.
- Improved indoor air quality ensures well human health.
- Proper waste management contributes to the less health hazards.