First green solar product review- SolMetric Suneye
The patented SunEye-210 is the world-leading shade measurement tool for solar site assessment. This hand-held electronic tool measures the available solar energy by day, month, and year with the press of a button by determining the shading patterns of a particular site.
The Solmetric SunEye makes accurate shading analysis quick, easy and safe. Where roof access is possible the inbuilt inclinometer measures pitch by simply holding the SunEye against the roof.
Where roof access is more difficult, the optional telescopic SunEye Extension Kit extends up to 5.4m (18ft) enabling roof measurements to be taken from the ground.
Skylines are captured by rotating the pole while the SunEye gives audio feedback. The SunEye will automatically correct the measurements for azimuth and tilt using inbuilt sensors.
The Extension Kit holds the SunEye steadily and securely as it is telescoped upwards. This enables shade analysis where roof access is not possible or where buildings have not yet been constructed.
Shading data can then be imported into PV*SOL for the most precise level of shading and sunpath analysis.
The SunEye® enables the best solar designs and the highest ROI for solar professionals and their customers. It helps win competitive bids, saves time and money, and gives confidence in performance guarantees.
The award-winning SunEye incorporates a calibrated fisheye camera, electronic compass, tilt sensor, and GPS to give immediate measurements in the field. The one-handed operation, rugged enclosure, and outdoor-readable display make it a reliable partner in the field.
The Suneye-210 now includes a lifetime license for the PV Designer software, enabling you to import shade measurements, select modules and inverters, layout modules, simulate kWh production, and generate PDF reports.
- Digital camera with calibrated fisheye lens
- Electronic Inclinometer
- Electronic Compass
- Single-Handed Operation
- Rugged, Comfortable Design
- Worldwide weather data
- Integrated GPS
- 6 Month Warranty
- Edit mode to add or remove shading obstructions
- Data views: Annual sunpath, monthly solar access, obstruction elevation
- Live Survey Mode – View Annual Sunpaths live as you scan the site
- Desktop software for use on Windows PC for viewing and editing date, exporting pdf or html reports for printing and emailing results, exporting files for other popular solar design and simulation programs, including PVSyst, PV*SOL, OnGrid, and others.
- PV Designer included (lifetime license)
- Also included with SunEye: padded rugged carrying pouch, AC battery charger, USB cable, stylus, wrist strap, quick-start guide, and DVD containing the desktop PC software and full user’s guide.
- Worldwide operation and language settings for English, German, Japanese, French, Italian, and Spanish.