GENERATION BASED INCENTIVES PROGRAMME FOR SMALL SOLAR POWER GENERATION
- DEMO SOLAR GBI
MNRE had announced the Demonstration Programme on Grid Interactive Solar PV Power Generation (Demo Solar GBI) in the FY 2008-09 before the starting of JNNSM.
Salient features are as under:
- Scheme was formulated for 25 MW for Demonstration of MW capacity of solar PV plants in the country. Projects of capacity from 1 MW to 5 MW were commissioned.
- MNRE provides Generation Based Incentive (GBI) to these projects. The GBI is being released directly to the project developer through IREDA.
- Seven projects were commissioned from FY 2009-10 to 2011-12.
- Against the target capacity of 25 MW, a total of 19 MW from seven project developers could be commissioned in six states (Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, and, West Bengal) with a capacity ranging from 1 MW to 5 MW each.
- Ministry releases GBI to Developers through IREDA maximum upto Rs.12/kWh for maximum period of 10 years.
- Tentative Annual budget requirement by MNRE under Demo Solar GBI scheme is approx. Rs.33.00 crores (including IREDA service charges @ 1% or maximum limit of Rs. 5.0 lacs/annum/project).