Government Implements Various Schemes for Promotion of Grid Interactive Renewable Energy
The Government of India is implementing various programmes/schemes for promotion of grid interactive renewable energy such as solar, wind, bio-power and small hydro power in the country. The details of major steps taken by the Government to attract investment in the renewable energy sector are as follows:
- Waiver of Inter State Transmission System (ISTS) charges and losses for inter-state sale of solar and wind power for projects to be commissioned up to March, 2022.
- Permitting Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) up to 100% under the automatic route.
- Notification of standard bidding guidelines to enable distribution licensee to procure solar and wind power at competitive rates in cost-effective manner.
- Declaration of trajectory for Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) up to the year 2022.
- Implementation of Green Energy Corridor project to facilitate grid integration of large-scale renewable energy capacity addition.
The details of generation of electricity through renewable sources of energy during the last three years are as follows: