GRID CONNECTED ROOFTOP SOLAR PROGRAM IN NORTH EASTERN STATES
- Grid Connected Solar Rooftop Programme is being implemented in the Country including North Eastern States.
- During the year 2019-20, a total of 1.50 MW capacity has been sanctioned to Electricity Departments/DISCOMS of 2 States (i.e. 1 MW to Electricity Department of Nagaland and 0.5 MW to Electricity Department of Manipur),thereby leading to overall sanctioned capacity of 56.55 MW to 7 North Eastern States as on 31.12.2019 under the programme
- Aggregate capacity of 23.12 MW has been reported as installed in FY 2019-20, thereby leading to overall installed capacity of 44.04 MW (with or without central financial assistance) as on 31.12.2019 as table below
- Over Rs. 16.85 crore have been released in FY 2019-20 to implementing given agencies for implementation of the programme to the state of Assam, Manipur and Meghalaya.
- With effect from 20th August, 2019 the phase II of Rooftop Solar programme has been launched which is being implemented in all States including North East Region states. Major feature of phase-II programme includes:
- Phase II of the Grid connected rooftop solar programme was approved for with a target for achieving a cumulative capacity of 40,000 MW from Rooftop Solar (RTS) Projects by the year 2022 in February 2019. The programme will be implemented with the total central financial support of Rs 11,814 crore through DISCOMs.
Source: MNRE Annual report