GRIHA VERSION 2019 CRITERIA 10. VISUAL COMFORT
The intent of this criterion is to ensure that visual comfort (daylighting and artificial lighting) is provided to the building occupants through an integration of active and passive design measures.
Maximum Points: 4
- The project should ensure that the WWR does not exceeds 60% and the vertical fenestration is having minimum VLT 0.27.
- Ensure that either all the windows comply with the SHGC requirements for ECBC or all windows are shaded and meet minimum UDI requirements.( Alternative 1)
- Ensure that all the occupied spaces meet the DA requirements. ( Alternative 2)
- Ensure that the artificial lighting is as per NBC 2016 and has a uniformity ratio of 0.4
- The client needs to provide calculations for WWR , SHGC and daylight simulation reports showing the percentage of area meeting UDI requirements.
- The client needs to provide simulation reports highlighting areas that meet DA requirements if opting for alternative 2.
- The client needs to provide simulations for interior artificial lighting and layouts , specification sheets and purchase orders.