GRIHA VERSION 2019 CRITERIA 12. INDOOR AIR QUALITY
The intent of this criterion is to encourage design and monitoring of ventilation systems such that the indoor air quality meets minimum requirement as recommended by the relevant standards. It also focuses on the conscious choice of strategies and products to control substances that produce harmful emissions in the habitable spaces.
Maximum Points: 6
- Ensure that the minimum requirements of CPCB (NAAQS) for assessing the quality of fresh air are fulfilled.
- Ensure that the minimum requirements of ASHRAE Standard 62.1–2010, Sections 4–7, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quantity (with errata), or NBC 2016, Volume 2, Section 5, for quantity of fresh air are met.
- Ensure continuous monitoring CO, CO2, temperature and RH levels.
- Ensure that paints, adhesives and sealants are low VOC.
- The client needs to demonstrate that the fresh air quality meets CPCB requirements.
- The client needs to submit details and locations of sensors .
- The client needs to submit specifications of paints, adhesives and sealants.