GRIHA VERSION 2019 CRITERIA 17. WASTE MANAGEMENT POST OCCUPANCY
The intent of this criterion is to provide the necessary infrastructure to future occupants of the project so that they can sustainably manage on-site solid waste during the operation phase and comply with the statutory norms for disposal in a way that augments resource recovery.
Maximum Points: 4
- Ensure proper segregation of wastes at source through multi-colored bins.
- Provide dedicated storage spaces for different types of wastes and have contractual tie-ups with waste vendors for safe handling and recyling of wastes.
- Ensure that 50% of the organic waste generated on-site is recycled/processed.
- The client needs to submit a Solid waste management plan highlighting segregation and recycling of waste.
- Submit a site plan highlighting location of primary and secondary waste disposal facilities.
- Submit photos and purchase orders of bins.
- Submit agreement with waste vendors.