GRIHA VERSION 2019 CRITERIA 19. UTILIZATION OF ALTERNATIVE MATERIALS IN BUILDING
The intent of this criterion is to encourage use of alternative materials, which minimize the detrimental impact of construction on environment by conserving natural resources, further minimizing the use of virgin materials and diverting usable (as per industry standards) wastes from the landfills to the construction industry.
Maximum Points: 5
- Ensure that cement used in structural concrete has BIS recommended waste materials(fly ash, slag etc.).
- Ensure that load and non-load bearing walls use materials with low embodied energy like AAC blocks, Porotherm blocks,Bamboo etc.
- Ensure that minimum 30% of the cement used in masonary and plaster has BIS recommended waste like fly ash.
- The client needs to submit the design mix report of concrete and BOQ.
- The client needs to submit the specifications and BOQ of materials used in load and non-load bearing walls.
- The client needs to submit details including purchase orders and BOQ’s of plaster used for masonary work.