Guidelines Best Practices for solar rooftop systems
Solar PV Roof Mounting Structure
- Aluminum frames will be avoided for installations in coastal
- Plants installed in high dust geographies like Rajasthan and Gujrat must have the solar panels tested with relevant dust standards (Applicable standard would be IEC 60068-2-68).
- The fuse shall have DIN rail mountable fuse holders and shall be housed in thermoplastic IP 65 enclosures with transparent
- For the DC cabling, XLPE or, XLPO insulated and sheathed, UV-stabilized single core flexible copper cables shall be used; Multi-core cables shall not be
- For the AC cabling, PVC or, XLPE insulated and PVC sheathed single or, multi-core flexible copper cables shall be
used; Outdoor AC cables shall have a UV-stabilized outer sheath.
- The total voltage drop on the cable segments from the solar PV modules to the solar grid inverter shall not exceed 2.0%
- The total voltage drop on the cable segments from the solar grid inverter to the building distribution board shall not
- The DC cables from the SPV module array shall run through a UV-stabilized PVC conduit pipe of adequate diameter with a minimum wall thickness of 5mm.
- Cables and wires used for the interconnection of solar PV modules shall be provided with solar PV connectors (MC4) and couplers.
- All cables and conduit pipes shall be clamped to the rooftop, walls and ceilings with thermo-plastic clamps at
intervals not exceeding 50 cm; the minimum DC cable size shall be 4.0 mm2 copper; the minimum AC cable size shall be 4.0 mm2 copper. In three phase systems, the size of the neutral wire size shall be equal to the size of the phase wires.