Gujarat Industrial Policy: Environmental Infrastructure & Initiatives for Sustainable Development
The Gujarat Industrial Policy 2020 has been formed recently with an expected average annual outlay of Rs 8,000 crore. It aims to provide an estimated Rs 40,000 crore as subsidies to industries in the next 5 years. The new policy is in line with the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
Certain incentive programs have been launched to promote industrial development with the optimum use of natural resources. Another key objective is to encourage greater compliance with environmental standards and support development of latest sustainable industrial infrastructure to reduce air and water pollution. Some of the incentives are mentioned below in brief:
- Upgradation of existing CETPs, common spray dryer, common multiple effect evaporator etc. will be given at 40% of the project cost upto INR 50 crore.
- Industries practicing at least 50% waste recovery through Zero Liquid Discharge as certified by GPCB shall be provided up to 50% of capital subsidy on cost of relevant equipment upto INR 75 lakhs.
- Development of Green Estate at 25% of project cost for set up/ relocation / retrofitting of existing polluting industrial units into Green Industrial Estates upto INR 25 crore.
- The policy will also provide assistance up to 75% of cost for preparation of site master plan for relocation and retrofitting of existing pollution industrial units into Green Industrial Estates upto INR 80 lakhs.
- Common Boiler Project by SPV constituted by minimum 10 MSME’s, at 35% (in case of solid fuel) and 50% (in case of cleaner fuel) of the fixed installation cost upto INR 2 crore.
- Implementation of cleaner production technology in place of existing process such as substitution & optimization of raw material, reduction in water consumption or energy consumption or waste generation, at 35% of cost of Plant & Machinery to MSMEs and 10% of cost of Plant & Machinery to large enterprises with maximum support upto INR 35 lakhs.
- Setting Up of Environment Management System including setting up of Environment Management Laboratory upto 50% of cost of equipment upto 10 lakh
- Purchase of new equipment/system related to safety, occupational health or for environment compliances for common use of industries located in cluster upto 35% of cost of equipment upto 35 lakh
While all these incentives promote green practices, Green building certification ensures the correct implementation. Any Industrial Building with green rating under Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) will get incentives upto 50% of consulting charges upto INR 2.5 lakh.