LEED Certification case study-LEED for Cities & Communities Platinum Certification of DLF Cyber City Gurgaon India
We are proud to announce the LEED Platinum Certification of DLF Cybercity Gurgaon under the LEED for Cities and Communities Program of USGBC. The LEED for Cities & Communities helps local leaders create and operationalize responsible, sustainable and specific plans for natural systems, energy, water, waste, transportation and many other factors that contribute to quality of life—revolutionizing the way cities and communities are planned, developed and operated in order to improve their overall sustainability and quality of life. This is the first project in India to earn LEED for Communities Platinum certification. The commitment of DLF Group towards Sustainable Operations of their buildings has been proved through this Certification. To help LEED certification of DLF Cyber City, DLF hired Firstgreen Consulting as it sustainability consultant.
DLF Cyber City buildings have been developed over last two decades and has become most sustainable, commercial business district in India. Cybercity comp comprising of 14 buildings have individually also achieved LEED platinum certification for its development. All 14 buildings are WELL certified by the International Well Building Institute (IWBI) demonstrating DLF Group’s commitment to improve human health and well being. In order to achieve this certification, DLF has implemented dozens of policies and programs to enhance its environmental stewardship and set an example for other developers striving to operate such a large-scale commercial district in a sustainable manner. As DLF, the leading real estate developer in the country it has to lead its sustainability efforts through examples. DLF cyber city has showcased how a modern city can protect its environment through judicial use of resources and still achieve economic development activities in a sustainable manner.
- LEED Platinum certified by US Green Building Council, Highest Certification in Sustainable Practices.
- Dedicated energy centers with use of natural gas as fuel and using waste heat to create cooling in buildings.
- Conferred with the highest award in Safety ‘Sword of Honour’ by British Safety Council.
- Recognized as regional sector leaders for developments across office spaces by GRESB achieving highest ranking of 5-Star rating.
- WELL certified by International Well Building Institute (IWBI).
- 16 Lane signal free road network & 6 underpasses 22000+ Car parking with RFID.