LEED Certification for Homes – IN CREDIT: INNOVATION
Credit can be achieved through a combination of Innovation, Pilot, and Exemplary Performance strategies, as described below.
Option 1. Innovation (1 point)
Achieve significant, measurable environmental performance using a strategy not addressed in the LEED Green Building Rating System.
Identify the following in writing:
- the intent of the proposed innovation credit; the proposed requirement for compliance;
- the proposed submittals to demonstrate compliance; and
- the design approach (strategies) used to meet the requirements.
Option 2. Pilot (1 point)
Attempt and achieve one pilot credit from the USGBC’s LEED Pilot Credit Library. AND/OR
Option 3. Additional Strategies (1–3 points)
- Innovation (1–3 points) Defined in Option 1 above.
- Pilot (1–3 points)
Defined in Option 2 above.
- Exemplary Performance (0.5–2 points)
Achieve exemplary performance in an existing LEED v4 prerequisite or credit that allows exemplary performance, as specified in the LEED Reference Guide, v4 edition. An exemplary performance point is typically earned for achieving double the credit requirements and/or achieving the next incremental percentage threshold of an existing credit.