LEED Certification for Homes – SS PREREQUISITE: CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY POLLUTION PREVENTION
- Stockpile and protect disturbed topsoil from erosion (for reuse).
- Control the path and velocity of runoff with silt fencing or comparable measures.
- Protect on-site storm sewer inlets, streams, and lakes with straw bales, silt fencing, silt sacks, rock filters, or comparable measures.
- Provide swales to divert surface water from hillsides.
- Use tiers, erosion blankets, compost blankets, filter socks, berms, or comparable measures to stabilize soils in any area with a slope of 15% (6.6:1) or more that is disturbed during construction.
- Prevent air pollution from dust and particulate matter.
- Construction sites larger than 1 acre must conform to the erosion and sedimentation requirements of the 2012 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Construction General Permit or local equivalent, whichever are more stringent.