LEED Certification for Homes – WE PREREQUISITE: WATER METERING
Case 1. Single Family
- Install a whole-house water meter. Single-family attached homes may share a whole-building water meter if landscaping is commonly managed and any units that will not achieve LEED certification are separately metered.
- Encourage homeowners or tenants to share water usage data with USGBC via a USGBC-approved third- party.
- Homes that use only well water and are not connected to a municipal water system are exempt from this prerequisite.
Case 2. Multifamily
- Install a water meter or submeter for each unit or the entire building
- Encorage homeowners or tenants to share water usage data with USGBC via a USGBC-approved third- party by describing the benefits of participation in the Homeowner Education Manual.