LEED CERTIFICATION- REQUIREMENT FOR EA CREDIT: GRID HARMONIZATION
To increase participation in demand response technologies and programs that make energy generation and distribution systems more efficient, increase grid reliability, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Possible Credit Points- 1-2 points
This credit applies to
- New Construction
- Core & Shell
- Data Centers
- Warehouses & Distribution Centers
Demand Response Program Available and Participation (2 points)
- Participate in an existing demand response (DR) program
- Enroll in a minimum one-year DR participation amount contractual commitment with a qualified DR program provider
Demand Response Capable Building (1 point)
- Install interval recording meters with communications and ability for the building automation system to accept an external price or control signal.
- Develop a comprehensive plan for shedding at least 10% of the annual on-peak electricity demand.
- Include the DR processes in the scope of work .
Load Flexibility and Management Strategies (1-2 points)
- Analyze the building’s annual load shape and peak load based as calculated for EA prerequisite Minimum Energy Performance
- All projects must install interval recording meters with communications and the ability for the building automation system to accept an external price signal.