NET METERING POLICY – BIHAR
Net metering is the mechanism that allows distribution companies monitor the user’s energy production and consumption. This mechanism also allows consumers who generate some or all of their own electricity to use that electricity anytime, instead of when it is generated. For an instance, consider a prosumer is generating and consuming the electricity and has surplus amount of energy. The surplus amount of energy is feed into the grid. There is another facility to transfer the surplus energy into the grid and use the same amount anytime. This facility is called as Banking.
The net metering policy can vary significantly from country to country and state to state. Most net metering laws involve monthly rollover of KWh credits. Net metering uses the single, and bi-directional meters and can measure the current flowing in both the directions. Net metering can be installed and solely responsible as an accounting procedure, requires no special notification or arrangement. The list of aspects considered for net metering policy are listed one by one for Bihar state.
Title – Rooftop Solar Grid Interactive
Order Dated on – Rooftop Solar Grid Interactive Systems Based on net-Metering Regulations, 2015. Dated 6th, July 2015
- Distribution Licensee and consumers of Licensee of the State of Bihar.
- System to be located in the consumer premises.
Eligible Consumer and Individual Plant Capacity–
- All eligible consumers in the area of supply of the Distribution Licensee
- Capacity of the solar energy system to be installed at the premises of any eligible consumer to be between one kWp and one MWp
Interconnection with the Grid-
- Net meter and solar meter to conform to the standards, specifications and accuracy class as provided in the CEA Regulations.
- Power Producer may install grid interactive SPV with or without battery backup
Wheeling & Cross Subsidy surcharge –
- Exempted from Banking, Wheeling and cross subsidy surcharge
- Consumer with net metering cannot avail Banking facility
Metering Arrangement –
- Net meter to be installed at interconnection point of the consumers with the network of the Distribution Licensee.
- Solar meter to be installed at the delivery point of the solar energy system.
- Check meters mandatory for Rooftop Solar systems having capacity more than 20 kW
- In case the consumer is under the ambit of time of day tariff, meters compliant of recording time of day consumption /generation to be employed.
The net energy metering policy and the additional information for the Bihar state can be seen in the link provided below.