NET METERING POLICY – ANDHRA PRADESH
Net metering is the mechanism that allows distribution companies monitor the user’s energy production and consumption. This mechanism also allows consumers who generate some or all of their own electricity to use that electricity anytime, instead of when it is generated. For an instance, consider a prosumer is generating and consuming the electricity and has surplus amount of energy. The surplus amount of energy is feed into the grid. There is another facility to transfer the surplus energy into the grid and use the same amount anytime. This facility is called as Banking.
The net metering policy can vary significantly from country to country and state to state. Most net metering laws involve monthly rollover of kWh credits. Net metering uses the single, and bi-directional meters and can measure the current flowing in both the directions. Net metering can be installed and solely responsible as an accounting procedure, requires no special notification or arrangement. The list of aspects considered for net metering policy are listed one by one for Andhra Pradesh.
Title – Solar Energy Grid Inter connection Policy
- Can install SPV plant of more capacity than their contracted load whereas maximum allowable capacity under:
- Single-phase service is 3 kWp LT category is 56 kWp.
Eligible Consumer and Individual Plant Capacity–
- With capacity 1 kWp – 1000 kWp
Interconnection with the Grid-
- upto 56 kW at LT level and 56 kW above and up to 1000 kW at 11 kV or 33 kV
Wheeling & Cross Subsidy surcharge – No wheeling and cross subsidy surcharge
Metering Arrangement –
- All meters must be Smart Meters as per the standards specified by the CEA, CERC/APERC regulations where ever
- AP Discom’s shall provide net metering on cost basis.
- Consumers shall be free to procure Meters, Current Transformers (CT), and Potential Transformer (PT) either from open market or DISCOM. If the metering equipment is purchased by the Developer, the same is to be tested at standard laboratory at the cost of Consumer only.