NET METERING POLICY – CHHATTISGARH
Net metering is the mechanism that allows distribution companies monitor the user’s energy production and consumption. This mechanism also allows consumers who generate some or all of their own electricity to use that electricity anytime, instead of when it is generated. For an instance, consider a prosumer is generating and consuming the electricity and has surplus amount of energy. The surplus amount of energy is feed into the grid. There is another facility to transfer the surplus energy into the grid and use the same amount anytime. This facility is called as Banking.
The net metering policy can vary significantly from country to country and state to state. Most net metering laws involve monthly rollover of kWh credits. Net metering uses the single, and bi-directional meters and can measure the current flowing in both the directions. Net metering can be installed and solely responsible as an accounting procedure, requires no special notification or arrangement. The list of aspects considered for net metering policy are listed one by one for Chhattisgarh.
Title – Grid Interactive Distributed Renewable Energy Sources
Order Dated on – Grid Interactive Distributed Renewable Energy Sources Dated on June 12, 2019
- These Regulations would apply to – PDRES owned by prosumer or RESCO and Independent Distributed Renewable Energy System (IDRES) installed in the area of supply of the distribution licensee.
- These Regulations do not preclude the right of any person to undertake renewable energy projects through alternative mechanism.
Eligible Consumer and Individual Plant Capacity–
- Any person shall be eligible to establish and interconnect IDRES with the network of distribution licensee on a first-come-first-serve basis. Provided that the IDRES conforms to the provisions under the CEA Regulations, 2013.
- The maximum IDRES capacity, to be installed by a person at a particular location, shall be based on the capacity and configuration of the electricity system, and in the power flows that distributed generation resource may cause.
- The person is allowed to set up distributed renewable energy system with battery storage. Provided that the flow of energy from IDRES to the grid is never more than the rated capacity of the IDRES.
Interconnection with the Grid-
- The voltage level for interconnection with the grid shall be as specified in the Chhattisgarh State Electricity Supply Code 2011 or the voltage level at which the prosumer has been given supply by the distribution licensee.
- The interconnection of the renewable energy system with the network of the distribution licensee shall be as per the CEA (Technical Standards for Connectivity of the Distributed Generation Resources) Regulations, 2013 and subsequent amendments thereof.
- The prosumer may install grid interactive renewable energy system with or without battery backup.
Wheeling & Cross Subsidy surcharge – No wheeling and cross subsidy surcharge
Metering Arrangement –
- All meters installed at the renewable energy system shall comply with the CEA (Installation and Operation of Meters) Regulations, 2006 and subsequent amendments thereof.
- All meters shall have Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) facility with RS 485 (or higher) communication port.
- The generation and net meter(s) shall be procured, installed and maintained by the distribution licensee. However, if the prosumer wishes to procure the meter(s), he may procure and present them to the distribution licensee for testing and installation.
- The distribution licensee shall undertake meter testing before installation to ensure accuracy of the meter.
- The meter shall be jointly inspected by both the prosumer or the third party owner, as the case may be, and the distribution licensee, and shall be sealed by the distribution licensee.
- The meter shall be tested or checked only in the presence of the representatives of the prosumer or the third party owner.
The net energy metering policy and the additional information for the Chhattisgarh state can be seen in the link provided below.