NET METERING POLICY – MADHYA PRADESH
Net metering is the mechanism that allows distribution companies monitor the user’s energy production and consumption. This mechanism also allows consumers who generate some or all of their own electricity to use that electricity anytime, instead of when it is generated. For an instance, consider a prosumer is generating and consuming the electricity and has surplus amount of energy. The surplus amount of energy is feed into the grid. There is another facility to transfer the surplus energy into the grid and use the same amount anytime. This facility is called as Banking.
The net metering policy can vary significantly from country to country and state to state. Most net metering laws involve monthly rollover of KWh credits. Net metering uses the single, and bi-directional meters and can measure the current flowing in both the directions. Net metering can be installed and solely responsible as an accounting procedure, requires no special notification or arrangement. The list of aspects considered for net metering policy are listed one by one for Madhya Pradesh.
Title – Net metering
Order Dated on – Grid connected Net metering Regulations, 2015 (G – 39 of 2015) Dated 23.10.2015
- Distribution licensee to offer net metering to the consumer in its area of supply till the cumulative capacity does not exceed 10 MW
- System to be located in the consumer premises or common facility area in multi storied
Eligible Consumer and Individual Plant Capacity–
- Eligible consumer who intends to install net metering in its area of supply
- Permissible individual rated capacity – 112 kW at LT
- Third party sale not allowed
Interconnection with the Grid-
- Interconnection of RE system with licensee network and meters to conform to the standards, specifications and provisions as provided in CEA Regulations
- Cost related to augmentation to be borne by the consumer
Wheeling & Cross Subsidy surcharge –
- RE system under net metering, whether self/ third party owned installed on consumer premises exempted from banking, wheeling and cross subsidy
Metering Arrangement –
- Cost of new/additional meter(s), including installation to be borne by the eligible consumer.
- Meters to be installed by the licensee
- In case the consumer is under the ambit of time of day tariff, meters compliant of recording time of day consumption / generation to be employed
The net energy metering policy and the additional information for the Madhya Pradesh state can be seen in the link provided below.