NET METERING POLICY – ODISHA
Net metering is the mechanism that allows distribution companies monitor the user’s energy production and consumption. This mechanism also allows consumers who generate some or all of their own electricity to use that electricity anytime, instead of when it is generated. For an instance, consider a prosumer is generating and consuming the electricity and has surplus amount of energy. The surplus amount of energy is feed into the grid. There is another facility to transfer the surplus energy into the grid and use the same amount anytime. This facility is called as Banking.
The net metering policy can vary significantly from country to country and state to state. Most net metering laws involve monthly rollover of kWh credits. Net metering uses the single, and bi-directional meters and can measure the current flowing in both the directions. Net metering can be installed and solely responsible as an accounting procedure, requires no special notification or arrangement. The list of aspects considered for net metering policy are listed one by one for Odisha.
Title – Rooftop Solar PV-Net Metering
Order Dated on – Net /Bi-directional metering & their Connectivity with Rooftop SPV Projects on the Rooftop of Government/PSU owned Buildings Dated 26.11.2014
- Rooftop owner to install Rooftop Solar system at his own cost
- Turnkey installers may lease Rooftop systems to individual building owners
Eligible Consumer and Individual Plant Capacity–
- Capacity of an individual Rooftop PV system to be the sanctioned load of the consumer subject to 1 MW for a single net metering point net metered Rooftop solar systems to utilize the same service line and installation being used by the consumer for drawl of power from utility network for injection of excess power into the Grid.
Interconnection with the Grid-
- Interconnection for net metering to conform to the standards, specifications and provisions as provided in OERC(Conditions of Supply) Code & CEA Regulations
Wheeling & Cross Subsidy surcharge –
- No wheeling and cross subsidy surcharge for this state
Metering Arrangement –
- Generator to install two meters, MRI and AMR compliant, one for Solar generation and other for Import / Export measurement.
- Existing net meter already installed allowed to continue.
- Meters to be as per CEA Regulations.
- Cost of meter(s) and connectivity to be borne by the consumer and installed & tested by the Distribution
- Check meter to be installed for the Solar system having capacity more than 20 kW
The net energy metering policy and the additional information for the Odisha state can be seen in the link provided below.