NET METERING POLICY – UTTARAKHAND
Net metering is the mechanism that allows distribution companies monitor the user’s energy production and consumption. This mechanism also allows consumers who generate some or all of their own electricity to use that electricity anytime, instead of when it is generated. For an instance, consider a prosumer is generating and consuming the electricity and has surplus amount of energy. The surplus amount of energy is feed into the grid. There is another facility to transfer the surplus energy into the grid and use the same amount anytime. This facility is called as Banking.
The net metering policy can vary significantly from country to country and state to state. Most net metering laws involve monthly rollover of kWh credits. Net metering uses the single, and bi-directional meters and can measure the current flowing in both the directions. Net metering can be installed and solely responsible as an accounting procedure, requires no special notification or arrangement. The list of aspects considered for net metering policy are listed one by one for Uttarakhand.
Title – Grid connection net metering policy
Order Dated on – Order dated 22nd September 2018
- Grid interactive Roof Top and small solar PV plants can be installed for injecting power into distribution system of a licensee by any eligible consumer
Eligible Consumer and Individual Plant Capacity–
- For the purposes of these regulations, generation from all types of renewable energy sources and non-fossil fuels based co-generating plants, as approved by MNRE, Govt. of India shall be considered and such generating stations shall be collectively referred to as RE based generating stations and co-generating stations.
- Solar Roof top, Solar PV Solar thermal and grid connection roof top based on technologies approved by MNRE are eligible
Interconnection with the Grid-
- Injection from roof-top solar PV plant owned by eligible consumer or by third part shall be settled on Net Energy basis at the end of each billing.
Wheeling & Cross Subsidy surcharge – No
Metering Arrangement –
- Grid interactive roof-top and small solar PV plants shall be allowed connectivity at the following voltage level in the distribution system of the licensee:
Load upto 4kW-low voltage single phase supply
Load >4kW and upto 75kW-low voltage three phase supply
Load >75kW and upto 1000kW: at 11kV
- If any dispute arises about connectivity of such sources with the grid, the matter shall be referred to the commission whose decision in this regard shall be final.
The net energy metering policy and the additional information for the Uttarakhand state can be seen in the link provided below.