First Green product review/ Phocos Any-Grid™ Hybrid Solar Inverter
Phocos is a world-class manufacturer of electronics for off-grid or edge-of-grid applications. Our product spectrum is wide, ranging from solar charge controllers to inverters to energy efficient DC appliances. Products developed and manufactured by Phocos are eco-friendly, efficient and offer reliable, cost-effective power solutions anywhere, anytime, and for Any-Grid.
Phocos is a proven, global leader that holds itself to the highest standards of engineering and innovation in the solar and energy industries. Driven by our passion for off-grid solutions, Phocos was founded in 2000. We earned our strong reputation with high-quality energy solutions designed to provide reliable energy access for people without grid power. Phocos cares about the individuals and communities our products support because we know when people have access to reliable power, their lives are changed for the better.
We have expanded our off-grid innovation and success to include on-grid and edge-of-grid applications, thus becoming your Any-Grid partner. Our mission is to make reliable energy access possible anywhere in the world, anytime, and for Any-Grid.
he Phocos Any-GridTM PSW-H Inverter Charger Series (Pure Sine Wave Hybrid) represents Phocos’ most versatile line of inverters/chargers. Flexibility and reliability are key characteristics of this product line, with a strong potential for cost saving opportunities in real world conditions. The Any-Grid PSW-H converts DC (Direct Current) energy into AC (Alternating Current), with multiple advantages beyond standard inverters. This product includes an integrated MPPT charge controller and can function as an AC to DC battery charger, which provides flexible energy access solutions in a broad range of applications.
The battery can be charged from solar and/or an AC source (public grid or generator), with easily programmable priorities. The Any-Grid PSW-H can function without an AC source or alternatively even without solar, as a pure uninterruptible power supply (UPS). When the utility grid or AC generator fails, the Any-Grid PSW-H immediately switches to ‘Off-Grid’ mode within 10 ms (typical, in UPS mode) to securely power the loads at all times. Solar can be set as the priority energy source to save electricity costs.
The Any-Grid PSW-H can function in a battery-free mode. In this mode, for installations with stable public grids, grid energy consumption can be reduced without the need to invest in a costly battery bank. Additionally, power can be supplied directly to loads from the grid and solar simultaneously.
This unit comes with a quality, integrated MPPT charge controller. The controller accepts particularly high PV voltages, allowing many PV modules to be connected in series, decreasing installation cost and avoiding combiner boxes. Up to 9 inverters can be connected parallel, 3-phase or split-phase for up to 45 kW of synchronized AC power.
- Flexible, advanced features with options to solve many common challenges in the field
- Integrated high-voltage MPPT charge controller. The high-voltage PV connection means in most scenarios the PV modules can simply be connected in series, avoiding costly combiner boxes and string fuses or diodes, thus reducing total system cost
- Integrated AC battery charger
- Charge controller functions even if inverter is turned off to keep batteries fully charged
- Compatible with Lithium batteries
- Functions without an expensive battery to reduce energy consumption from the grid with minimal investment
- Detachable display / communication unit with 6 LEDs and an intuitive LCD screen
- High level of connectivity: BLE, USB-OTG (on-the-go), RS-485, RS-232, relay for generator start
- Datalogger with up to 60 days of data storage
- Store or load parameters via USB for quick configuration
- Integrated buzzer for error indications
- Galvanic isolation of battery allows positive or negative grounding
- Up to 9 inverters can be connected in parallel or 3-phase for up to 45 kW of synchronized AC power
- Removable filter reduces dust buildup in the inverter