ROOFTOP PV AND SMALL SOLAR POWER GENERATION PROGRAMME (RPSSGP)
- After successful demonstration of MW projects in Demo Scheme, Ministry launched a Generation Based Incentives (GBI) programme on 16th June 2010 to give a thrust to rooftop PV and other small solar power plants connected to grid under Phase I JNNSM. Implementing Agency is IREDA.
- 100 MW Solar capacity was allocated and 91.8 MW from 72 projects in 13 States were commissioned. GBI is applicable for 25 years from the commissioning date and payable to the distribution utility.
- Ministry provides fixed GBI from Rs.8.69 to 12.24 /kWh to the State utilities at a rate equal to the difference of the CERC tariff for 2010-11 (Rs.17.91 per kWh) and a base rate of Rs.5.50 per kWh. However, base rate for the projects commissioned during each subsequent year shall also be modified at escalation factor of 3% p.a. and such escalated base rate shall remain constant over duration of 25 years.
- Annual budget requirement by Ministry under RPSSGP scheme is approx. Rs. 180.00 crore for 91.8 MW (inclusive of IREDA’s Service Charges @ 2%).
- IREDA has disbursed GBI of Rs. 125.93 Crore to State utilities (from 01.01.2019 to 31.12.2019), under the scheme based on the claims received from respective State utilities.