SCHEME FOR DEVELOPMENT OF SOLAR PARKS AND ULTRA MEGA SOLAR POWER PROJECTS
April 27, 2020 by Firstgreen staff in FirstGreen Solar Academy, Newsletter-Solar, Policy and Regulations, Uncategorized
- The Scheme for Development of Solar Parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects was rolled out on 12-12-2014 with aggregate capacity 20,000 MW. Further, the capacity of the Solar Park Scheme was enhanced from 20,000 MW to 40,000 MW on 21-03-2017 to set up at least 50 solar parks by 2021-22.
- The capacity of the solar parks is generally 500 MW and above. However, smaller parks (up to 20 MW) are also considered in in States/UTs where there is shortage of non-agricultural land. Approximately 4 to 5 acres per MW of land is required for setting up of solar parks. The total central grants approved under the Scheme is Rs.8100 crore (Rupees Eight Thousand and One Hundred Crore).
- Under the scheme, the Ministry provides Central Financial Assistance (CFA) of up to Rs.25 lakh per solar park for preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR). Beside this, CFA of up to Rs.20.00 lakh per MW (Rs.12 Lakh/MW for development of internal infrastructure of solar park and Rs.8 Lakh/MW for development of external power evacuation infrastructure of solar park) or 30% of the project cost, including Grid-connectivity cost, whichever is lower, is also provided on achieving the milestones prescribed in the scheme. The approved grant is released by Solar Energy Corporation of India Ltd. (SECI) as per milestones.
- The target of the Solar Park Scheme is to develop at least 50 solar parks with aggregate installed capacity of 40,000 MW of solar power by 2021-22.
- Capacity approved: Based on the proposals received from the States, 39 solar parks of aggregate capacity 22,879 MW have been approved to 17 States up to December 2019. These solar parks are at different stage of development.
- Land: Over 1,31,000 lakh acres of land identified for various solar parks out of which over 82,600acres have been acquired.
- Commissioned capacity inside solar parks: Solar projects of aggregate capacity 7767 MW have been commissioned inside various solar parks
- Expected Achievements till 31.03.2020:- It is expected that a capacity of around 10,000 MW will be installed under the scheme by end of Financial Year 2019-20.