We are hiring: Solar design Engineer
Job Description-Solar Design Engineer
- Experience : Minimum 2-3 years of experience, preferably in the area of power generation system design and project management.
- Qualification : BE Electrical
- Location : Gurgaon
- Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities. Prepare detailed work plans.
- Conduct engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of residential or commercial solar power systems.
- Collect data about project sites
- Design or coordinate design of photovoltaic (PV) systems, including system components, for residential and commercial buildings.
- Design alternative energy systems
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Create graphical representations of energy production systems.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Evaluate plans or specifications to determine technological or environmental implications.
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance.
- Develop design specifications and functional requirements for residential, commercial, or industrial solar energy systems or components.
- Determine design criteria or specifications.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Provide technical guidance to other personnel
- Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency.
- Create models of engineering designs or methods.
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.
- Determine operational methods.
- Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects.
- Inspect finished products to locate flaws.
- Test or evaluate photovoltaic (PV) cells or modules.
- Perform cost reduction analyses for solar systems.
- Analyze costs and benefits of proposed designs or projects.
- BE – Electrical, specialization in LT/HT systems design, installation and operation.
- Hands on experience in field installation and commissioning of complete power and transmission systems with AC and DC cabling, switchgear, SCADA, transformers, instrumentation.
- Should have ability to get the relevant certification with codes to connect to the grid and transmission lines.
- Should have experience in managing design, installation and commissioning of complex large scale PV generation projects.
- The position is project based the candidate should be willing to travel and locate on site for the duration of project.
- Ideal candidate will be able to address all requirements for getting job done including interaction with customers, suppliers, vendors and local labor.
- Attention to Detail and Quality
- Excellent Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment
- Auto CAD, Sketch UP, PVSyst
- Expert in Electrical Layouts, Earthing layouts