Why module cleaning makes all the differences!!
The regular cleaning of solar modules results is optimized power output and protects installations against costly failures. For many years, it was believed that solar panels didn’t need cleaning. Today, the cleaning of solar panels is widely accepted as a necessity rather than a luxury. In fact, in order to reduce the cost of maintenance and a thorough management to minimize production losses is necessary. Solar panel cleaning systems can provide such maintenance assistance. In order to understand the importance of the solar panel cleaning segment, it is essential to understand why dirty panels are an issue and how soiling can damage solar panels in the long term . Power losses are not the only problem caused by soiling. Ongoing soiling can result in hot spots forming over time. Sand can be blown off unevenly by the wind and may scratch the module surface. Cleaning frequency selection is heavily dependent on the climate conditions of the site where PV panels are located. In addition to climate, local conditions such as buildings, construction, and vegetation also have effects on the cleaning frequency.
Keys for Efficient Cleaning :
- For ground-mounted PV installations, a bulky but efficient solution was developed by mounting long brushes onto vehicles, mostly slow-moving tractors. These brushes allow the cleaning of panels rows, as long as there’s enough space between the rows to let the vehicle pass. This approach is considered as very efficient solution.
- Most widespread use is to wash Solar panels using handheld brushes, which is advantageous for smaller installations & for rooftops. But it is quite challenging for large capacity of Solar System. For that now a days advanced robotic system approach is welcomed
- The use of tractors is heavily dependent on the availability of fuel and the condition of the ground – which can be heavy mud. Also, it is only possible to clean panels up to a certain height. Apart these aside, it is one of the quickest ways to clean large-scale installations.
- The newest, and most versatile solution for the cleaning of solar panels is the use of solar panel cleaning robots. Several types of robots exist on the market, from small to big, from lightweight to heavy. Robotic solutions are semi-automatic and are controlled by a single user. They allow a faster cleaning with less physical strain. Also, it is the most versatile solution, being fast and easy to transport from site to site.
- Now a days to conserve energy & water the advanced Robotic Cleaning of Solar Panels approach is welcomed in the market. It is much more eco friendly than that of manual cleaning approach also.
- Solar Panels should be cleaned during low light conditions as after the Sunset & before Sunrise when the production of solar generation is at it’s lowest, then the time of cleaning should happen.
This overall denotes that in Solar Plant where as in Large or Small scale capacity, increase no. of cleaning frequency of solar Panels improve the actual performance ratio of the system. Firstgreen Consulting Team is committed to provide this service & we as a Team in Firstgreen already provided this in many Projects.
#Robotic Cleaning #Renewables #Firstgreen